Head Chef | Passion for Provenance | Relocation
Category: Head Chef
Location: Rest of Marlborough
Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Luxury lodge restaurant | Evolving a la carte menu
- Fresh, local, seasonal & simple | Scratch cooking
- Immaculate gardens and elegant estate
Relocate to a luxury country estate located in the heart of the famous Marlborough/Nelson region, the lodge is nestled within acres of private parklands, providing the ultimate retreat to indulge in New Zealand’s gourmet province.
Here is a rare opportunity to create a small continuously evolving and changing seasonal menu for guests and the general public to enjoy in an intimate but light filled space.
Bake your own sourdoughs, explore the local seasonal produce, and champion the local seafood on the plate. This is not a place for tricked up food – leave your foams and gels at home.
What’s in it for you/benefits?
- Truly amazing setting incl. chef’s garden
- Full menu autonomy | Potential for daily menu
- Great lifestyle out of the city | Affordable housing
- Get to explore simple, seasonal and fresh cookery
Get away from hectic city life, explore the roots of cooking again; slow cooked meats, charcuterie, seasonal produce, utilising by-catches. Trim it all back, respect your ingredients, your craft and present it with handsome honesty
- Strong menu development | Championing local produce
- Develop and foster strong supplier relations
- Train and grow your small kitchen team
- Manage the Food Control Plan
- Stock control & ordering
You’ll be charged with creating an ever changing succinct menu that is paired back, incredibly seasonal and slightly rustic.
To be successful you’ll need to be
- Resourceful, creative & hardworking
- Self-motivated & committed professional
- Have a passion for provenance and scratch cookery
- At least three years’ Head Chef exp. or exceptional Sous Chef
- Able to relocate to the Marlborough / Nelson area
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link or contact Duncan McKenna on (09) 972 0134 for a confidential discussion.
For a full list of jobs by Hospoworld, check out www.hospoworld.co.nz/hot-jobs.