Events Operations Manager - Regional Vic | VIC Other_Australia
We're looking for an Events Manager to lead a team of hospitality professionals. We encourage anyone with any events management experience to apply!!
One of Victoria's hidden gems, rich in history, this beautiful property is located in the serenity of the Goulburn Valley. Just 90 minutes from the CBD and over an hour from the northern suburbs you will find yourself in One of Australia’s favourite wineries, and a place of escape.
Multifaceted operation that consist on luxury accommodation, Spa, restaurants, wine club and Cellar door. The location allows the perfect work life balance. There is the opportunity to embrace the outdoor life to enjoy nature, hiking, cycling and all things active whilst still giving access to amazing restaurants, wineries and distilleries.
Social events, celebratory events, Weddings or corporate events. Suitable for cocktail parties upwards of 500 guest or 200 seated, every event or function is different and no day is the same.
Responsible for the planning and coordination of groups and events on the property, assisting meeting organisers, booking agents, or clients directly and ensuring that quality and service standards exceed customer expectations at all times.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining a seamless guest service from the first call to event execution and follow up.
The ideal candidate
- Immaculate presentation and well groomed professional
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to foster team spirit with a positive, can do attitude
- Exceptional time management skills - how do you handle pressure, manage your time, and meet deadlines? This will be the difference of someone being successful or unsuccessful in this role
- Strong financial acumen and commercially savvy - you will be running a business unit, not just running events!
- Results focused - Initiative, drive and ability to thrive on exceeding targets
- Outstanding relationship skills - how do you provide incredible customer service whilst managing clients expectations?
- Maintain and grow the events department through servicing new and existing clients
- Weekly round table meetings with sales and operations team - discussing business development strategies, event planning, supplier management etc
- Full time rotating roster (must have open availability Monday to Sunday)
- End-to-end responsibility of all events
- Recruitment, onboarding, and holding regular training
- Being able to master the art of delegation - it's not about you hording tasks and information, it's about empowering your support team and making everyone accountable!
What you'll get in return
How to Apply
- Competitive salary + super + company perks
- Genuine opportunity to grow within a premium, diverse group
- Excellent stepping stone in to Event Management if you don't have a track record in the field - want to break out from traditional hospitality operations and look long term?
- If you have exceptional time management and organisational skills this will be a role that is not that intense, and will quickly become a long term role
- Opportunity to immerse yourself in to the local market and make a name for yourself
- Work in a motivated, forward thinking management team - no micromanagement in this place!
Click APPLY or contact me on the details below for a confidential discussion.*Applicants with permanent residency will only be considered for this role.
JOB REFERENCE #35401327
Share with a friend